Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Maybelline Mascara Comparison: The Rocket and Mega Plush


Hi everyone!!

If you read my recent review I did some swatches on the Maybelline Vivids Lipcolor. When I was looking at the Maybelline aisle I noticed some new mascaras with attractive packaging claiming it will "VOLUM EXPRESS" your lashes.  Of course for a girl like me that was born with straight, thin lashes I went ahead and grabbed two different kinds to try out, The Rocket and The Mega Plush.  


I was going to read some reviews about them to see what other people thought about it but I want to give my personal opinion first since everyone is different.

The first one is the Maybelline Mega Plush.  The first thing I liked about this mascara is the packaging.  The color just called me out and said "grab me!".  I couldn't wait to try it out so when I got in the car I immediately opened it. 


When I applied it to my lashes the wand seems a bit flimsy, I guess that is what they were going for.
I loved the way this mascara separated and flared my lashes, but I had to apply more mascara than usually because like I stated the wand is too flexible to give that straight precision finish. 
(with Maybelline Mega Plush)
                    Pros: I like the packaging.
                            The way it separates and flares out my lashes.
                   Cons: The wand is too flexible.


On to the next mascara, The Rocket!  Starting with the packaging, the color didn't attracted me as much as the Mega Plush, but it has pink writing on it so I guess I'll let it go =).

On this packaging the wand wasn't inside the mascara tube.  Normally they would just show pictures of the wand to show how it looks like but this one was standing proud next to the tube.

The application for this mascara was flawless. The wand was stiff and easy to maneuver, the thing I didn't like about the wand is when it hits your inner rim it hurts a bit.  But pain is beauty, all I care about is the outcome which I was not that impressed.  It can get a bit clumpy even when I combed it out but it did looked thick!
(with Maybelline The Rocket)



Pros: Easy application. 
         Thick consistency.
Cons: The wand tends to hurt my inner rim.
          It gets clumpy if applied too much.

Below is the comparison of both mascara so you can see the difference.
(Mega Plush)                                      (The Rocket)

You tell me which one you like better?

I don't really like to wear false eyelashes because it can get costly and time consuming. So I try to pick a mascara that can do the trick. Usually I will use two different mascara with different types of wand to achieve the look that I want. So I did it with these two mascara.
(with Mega Plush and The Rocket-together)




See the difference?  "Maybe she's born with it..Maybe it's Maybelline."

No comments:

Post a Comment